[08/21/2015] – 11th Annual Neighborhood Summit
The Neighborhood Summit is a FREE public event done in partnership with the El Paso Neighborhood Coalition (EPNC) and the City’s Neighborhood Services Division to bring you current material that affects your neighborhoods and the El Paso community through guest speakers, educational workshops and an information fair with vendors from various City departments and local organizations.
|Saturday, September 12, 2015
9600 Sims, YISD Central District Office
8am – 2pm
Ms. Susie Byrd presented details on the EPISD Penny Swap Program, switching existing funding in the EPISD budget to better support educational resources.
- Ms. Catherine Waradzyn gave a presentation for the Special Olympics of Texas. Special Olympics of Texas provide year-round sports training and athlete competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
[Program Description and Event Calendar]
- Mr. Gustavo Reyes made an announcement, introducing the EPISD Penny Swap Program, switching existing funding in the EPISD budget to better support educational resources.
- El Paso City Council unanimously approves master plan for Eastside Regional Park
- Streets, sidewalks upgraded in Chamizal neighborhood
- Work continues to upgrade Irving Schwartz Library in East El Paso
Mr. Marco Vega gave a presentation, introducing the “Golden Age Fitness Program”, a specialized exercise program for senior citizens, ages 60 years and older. The program is currently operating at UTEP campus sports facilities.
Along with a photo of a bench ad, located at Montana & Poplar, KEPB would like to convey their kindest regards to the neighborhood groups that were able to use the tool sheds during the Great American Clean Up last month.
Annual reports from all neighborhood and civic associations that are registered with the City
are due by June 30th.
[Annual Neighborhood Report Form]
- Additional material available, from a presentation given to the North Hills Neighborhood Pride Association:
- Brochure including residential solutions and low income residential solutions
- EP Electric residential solutions contractor list
- Energy savings tips and strategies
- Self-Certification form of Income eligibility for full incentive energy efficiency services
- Income calculation worksheet
- Handout about $30 for disposing of an old fridge, business cards with contact information for questions about the presentation and material.
- Roof and attic insulation do-it-your-self guide
- News and Updates from Neighborhood Services
- Neighborhood Association Ordinance Highlight
- New Neighborhood Association Library
- Message from the El Paso Neighborhood Coalition (EPNC)
- Message from the El Paso Neighborhood Coalition (EPNC)
- El Paso Electric – Misson Presentation and initial announcement about possibility of rate increases
- Featured Association: Castner Heights Neighborhood Association (featuring presentation with details and contact information)
Please see [Reports]
- 2012 Quality of Life Update
- City Council Strategic Plan
Please join us for the
Annual EPNC HOLIDAY Gathering
|Date:||Monday, December 8, 2014|
|Location:||Pat O’Rourke Recreation Center 901 N. Virginia St. (Activity Room)|
|Time:||6pm – 8pm|
Please bring your neighbors & a pot luck item to share.
Please see [Flyer]
[10/20/2014] – Gro El Paso Sustainability Outreach Event
On November 14th and 15th, the USGBC Chihuahuan Desert Chapter will offer a two-day sustainability outreach event.
Please see [Website]
Early voting starts Monday, October 20th and lasts until Friday, October 31st. Election Day is November 4th.
Please see [Voting Locations]
[08/29/2014 – update] – 10th Annual Neighborhood Summit
|Date: Location: Time:||Saturday, September 6, 2014 9600 Sims, YISD Central District Office 8am-2pm|
|WHO:||City of El Paso’s Department of Community and Human Development Neighborhood Services Division and the El Paso Neighborhood Coalition|
|WHAT:||10th Annual Neighborhood Summit – FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC|
|WHEN:||Saturday, September 6, 2014 from 8:00a.m. – 2:00p.m.|
|WHERE:||9600 Sims, Ysleta Independent School District Administration & Cultural Arts Center|
|WHY:||To provide residents with educational workshops on community building, motivating keynote speakers, and current information about available community services and programs|
The Neighborhood Summit is a free public event that provides residents the opportunity to build networks among neighborhood associations from across the city and gather inspiration to help improve the quality of life in their neighborhoods through guest speakers, educational workshops and an information fair with vendors from various City departments and local organizations. The keynote speaker will be Brad Taylor, General Manager of the El Paso Chihuahuas. There will also be over twenty community and government information tables on hand. This year’s educational workshop topics are:
- Neighborhood Improvement Program
- Community Development Block Grant Program
- Neighborhood Enhancement through Street Design
- United Way’s Volunteer Action Program
If your agency is interested in participating in the Neighborhood Summit, please contact the Department of Community and Human Development’s Neighborhood Services Division. This event is free and open to the public and lunch will be provided to the first 200 residents who register the day of the event. ** The El Paso Neighborhood Coalition is having their annual election during the Neighborhood Summit and is looking for active residents to run for the following positions: Central, East and Mission Valley Representatives.** For more information on the Neighborhood Summit please call 212-1682